1st: Theatre Arts I
2nd: Theatre Arts I
3rd: Theatre Arts I
5th: Advanced Tech Theatre
6th: Theatre Arts I
7th: Advanced Tech Theatre
Mr. Steven Aguilar
Technical Theatre Director
Room: 1322 / PAC Shop
“Arts education isn’t something we add on after we’ve achieved other priorities, like raising test scores and getting kids into college. It’s actually critical to achieving these things in the first place”
– FIRST LADY MICHELLE OBAMA
I am always available to support you in my class and will make myself available to you as you need. Please contact me to schedule an appointment time that works for you.
When scheduling an appointment, please do so 48 hours in advance. Appointment times are as follows:
- Be on time.
- Always work collaboratively as a team.
- Listen attentively to instruction. If you are ever unsure, ask.
- Everyone is valid in our classroom. Do not force out other voices!
- Try, try, and try again! Let's find what works best for you.
- Always keep an open mind.
Please Refrain From...
- Phone usage. Unless given permission, NO phones in the theater!
- Making rude, snarky comments to your ensemble members.
- Being unresponsive, uncooperative, or unsupportive. Be directable!
- Being unnecessarily messy. NEVER leave trash behind.
- Cheating. No plagiarism. Period. (I mean.. Ever heard of copyright laws?)
- Attendance will be taken at the top of class as soon as the bell rings.
- If you are absent, it is your responsibility to check in with me the day you return to school. You may also email me.
- Absent Work must be turned in by the number of days you were out.
- i.e. If you were out for 2 days, you have 2 days to turn in your absent work .
- No one is allowed out of class during the first 10 minutes of class or the last 10 minutes of class.
- Grading Scale is as follows:
- Summatives (performances, projects, exams) 60%
- Formatives (paticipation, check ins, quizzes) 40%
- All assignments will be submitted either through Schoology or presented in class.