• If your child is experiencing learning difficulties, you may contact the individuals listed below to learn about the school's overall general education referral or screening system for support services. The system links students to a variety of support options, including making a referral for a special education evaluation or for a Section 504 evaluation to determine if the student needs specific aids, accommodations, or services. A parent may request an evaluation for special education or Section 504 services at any time.

    To request a special education evaluation email Dia McMahon, Diagnostician, at DMcMaho@humbleisd.net and Matthew Griffin, Principal, at Matthew.Griffin@humbleisd.net

    To request a Section 504 evaluation email Carmen Crawford, 504 Specialist, at CCrawfo@humbleisd.net and Matthew Griffin, Principal, at Matthew.Griffin@humbleisd.net

    Special Education Referrals 

    If a parent makes a written request for an initial evaluation for special education services to the director of special education services or to a district administrative employee of the school district, the district must respond no later than 15 school days after receiving the request. At that time, the district must give the parent prior written notice of whether it agrees or refuses to evaluate the student, along with a copy of the Notice of Procedural Safeguards. If the district agrees to evaluate the student, it must also give the parent the opportunity to give written consent for the evaluation. 

    Note: A request for a special education evaluation may be made verbally; it does not need to be made in writing. Districts must comply with all federal prior written notices and procedural safeguard requirements as well as the requirements for identifying, locating, and evaluating children who are suspected of having a disability and in need of special education. However, a verbal request does not require the district to respond within the 15 school day timeline. 

    Please visit the Humble ISD Educational Supports Services website for additional information.