Charles Street Stadium
The stadium on Charles Street was the 5th location used for Humble High School football games in the early 1900s.
- The land for the stadium was purchased from the Bender Estate for $2,500 in October 1938.
- The district hired Hedrick and Lindsley, Inc., Architects and Engineers of Houston to design the stadium.
- W. C. Lindley Lumver Co won the bid to supply materials for the construction of the stadium, while E> W. Robbins won the bid to furnish sand and gravel.
The stadium was completed in 1942, complete with homestands with a press box, visitor stands, football field, track, a field house, and restrooms.
Prior to the construction of Turner Stadium, the Charles Street Stadium was called "Humble Stadium."
Program: Humble Wildcats vs Crosby, 11/08/1957
Aerial Photograph, 1944
Stadium running track, 1953
Humble High School football game, 1955
Home stands, press box and scoreboard
Visitor stands in the background, 1962
Home stands & press box, 1962
Humble High School graduation 1963