Kerri Pennington, MSN, RN
Dear Elm Grove Families!
Welcome to Elm Grove Elementary School! We are here to help your little Eagles SOAR!
Healthy School Environments: We want each student to have an enjoyable experience here at Elm Grove and part of that is staying healthy in order to learn! If you are concerned about whether your student should come to school, please call or stop by the school clinic to discuss any symptoms that are concerning with your school nurse.
We want your child at school, but when should you keep them home?
- Temperature of 100.0 degrees or more in the last 24 hours
- Vomiting and/or Diarrhea the night before, or the morning of school
- Persistant Cough, Runny nose with green, yellow mucous, or eyes that continually water
- Eye that appear infected- red, green/yellow/white drainage, crusty drainage
- Rash of unknown cause anywhere on the body
- Live lice found in the hair
Please make sure that your child’s Emergency Phone Numbers and Health Inventory are current. Please notify the school of any changes during the school year in writing or in person in the front office.
Transporting Medications: ALL MEDICATIONS MUST BE BROUGHT TO THE CLINIC BY THE PARENT OR AN ADULT. NO CHILD IS ALLOWED TO BRING MEDICATION TO SCHOOL.
All medication (prescription or non-prescription) must be supplied in their original containers and will be kept in the clinic. Prescription medication must have the label from the pharmacy with the child’s name, and will require a Humble Medication Form to be completed by the doctor. These forms are available in the clinic or here: Medication Authorization Form
Students with Chronic Health Conditions: Parent Packets for Enrollment are located Here: Enrollment Health Inventory Forms