1st Grade Continued Learning - Week of May 4th
The items that are HIGHLIGHTED are things that need to be turned in to your teacher by email.
Your child should be reading EVERY DAY! They should read at least 20-30 minutes each day.
Reading Assignment--I can compare fiction and nonfiction
● Watch the video with Mrs. West on fiction vs. nonfiction Click HERE
● Please click on this link to visit scholastic.com to read a non-fiction and fiction book about Spiders: Link to Platform: Scholastic Learn At Home
● Scholastic Choice Board- Please complete 1-2 activities and send it to your teacher.
Additional Reading Activities
● RAZ Kids: Raz-Kids (Login information if needed email your teacher)
● Istation (Login information if needed email your teacher)
You have to download Istation onto your device. Here are the instructions to do so.
● Sight Words: Keep practicing the first-grade sight word list. If you do not have it you can look click here. https://sightwords.com/pdfs/fry_sight_words_flash_cards_100.pdf
Your child should be able to write for 20 minutes each day. They can choose what they write each day. They do NOT need a new piece each day. They may start something one day and work on it for another day or two. Please remind your child that they need to use their best handwriting, proper spacing, capitalization, and punctuation.
Writing Assignment--Fiction or non-fiction story
-Have your student choose to write either a fiction or non-fiction story about a spider and send it to their teacher. Have your student draw and label the pictures in their story.
Non-Fiction Elements Fiction Elements
Your child should be working on math for 20 minutes a day.
Math Assignments: I can tell time to the half hour.
● Watch this video on how to tell time to the half hour by Mrs. Hale click Telling Time Lesson
● Watch the Brainpop Jr Video on Telling Time to the Half Hour
Username: sears Password: school
● Online Skill Practice: On Time Students can play independently or with supervision. Practice telling time to the half hour on the analog clock. Level 2 suggested for this week.
● Draw 5 clocks with different times to the half hour and label with the digital time. Send a picture to your teacher.
Additional Math Activities:
● Prodigy (login info from your teacher) Play Prodigy
● Flashcards for math fact memorization (addition and subtraction facts ex. 3+7= 10)
● Students can create math story problems addition/subtraction.
https://www.pebblego.com/ login: elmgrove password: school
● Mystery Science: Your kids will LOVE these lessons!
No sign-up required, no student login:
● Scholastic: This is a great resource with books and lessons for each topic. You will need to create a FREE account for your child to use this.