Hi! I am Emily Lane, your new Reading Interventionist for 3rd, 4th, and 5th grade. Here's a little about me:
- I recently got engaged after dating my fiance for 7 years.
- We just moved from Austin to the Humble area. I lived in Austin for the last 12 years after moving there to attend the University of Texas.
- I grew up and attended school in Kingwood. I was homeschooled for elementary school, I went to Creekwood Middle School, and then Kingwood High School.
- I have been teaching in Round Rock ISD near Austin for 5 years.
- For the first 3 years, I taught 7th grade English Language Arts and Reading.
- I spent the last 2 years as a Reading Specialist where I worked with students who perform below grade level or who have dyslexia.
- I have a Masters Degree in Educational Leadership and Policy Studies. I plan to use this degree to move into an administrative job in education one day.
- We have four dogs that we've adopted over the years: a blue heeler, a black lab mix, a red heeler, and a fox terrier mix.
- I enjoy spending time with my fiance and my family. I also enjoy reading, writing, yoga, shopping, and visits to the dog park.
I'm so excited to bring my experiences and everything I've learned from teaching middle school to the students at Jack Fields. I am very excited to meet all the students that I will have the pleasure of helping this year! It's going to be a great year. Go Tigers!!!