The history of Humble ISD is spread out among many sources. This includes sources about the district, the City of Humble, education in Texas, history of Harris County, and so on.
Books about Humble
- Goodwin, Charles R. Main Street and the Backsides of Main Street. Gloria O. McGettigan Promotional Writing Services, 1988.
- Meaux, Robert. Images of America: Humble. South Carolina: Arcadia Publishing, 2013.
- Meaux, Robert. The Humble History Tour: An Explorer's Guide to Historic Sites in Humble, Texas. Humble: Humble Museum, 2015.
- Moore, Jerry. A History of the Greatest City on the Planet!: Humble, Texas. Baltimore: Independence Book, 2010.
- Smith, Nina, ed. A History of the Humble, Texas Area. Humble: James Tull Chapter of the Daughters of the American Revolution, 1976.
- Woodyard, Estelle. Pioneer and Sundry Times. Houston: House of Fine Printing, 1980.
Books about Kingwood
- Barnes, Tip. Kingwood: The Early Days. Houston, Tex: T. Barnes, 2005.
- Semary, Vince. Kingwood: A Collection of Pencil Drawings. Petro Art, 1983.
Books about Education in Texas
- Evans, Cecil Eugene. The Story of Texas Schools. Austin: Streck, 1955. Digital download at Texas State University.
- Preuss, Gene B. To Get a Better School System: One Hundred Years of Education Reform in Texas. College Station: Texas A & M University Press, 2009.
Books about Harris County
- Kellar, William Henry. Make Haste Slowly: Moderates, Conservatives, and School Desegregation in Houston. College Station: Texas A & M University Press, 1999.
- McGinley, Theresa Kurk, ed. The History of the North Harris Montgomery Community College District: A Silver Anniversary Commemorative. Houston: North Harris Montgomery Community College District, 1998.
- Slaughter, George. Images of America: Spring Branch. South Carolin: Arcadia Publishing, 2011.
- Smith, Margaret Mallott. Spring: Through the Seasons (Stories of a Texas Town). Austin: Sunbelt-Eakin, 2001.
Books about Texas History
- Barr, Alwyn. Black Texans: A History of African Americans in Texas, 1528-1995. Norman: University of Oklahoma Press 1973.
- Block, W. T. East Texas Mill Towns and Ghost Towns, Volume 3. Lufkin: Best of East Texas Publishers, 1997
- Caudill, Philip. Moss Bluff Rebel: A Texas Pioneer in the Civil War. College Station: Texas A & M University Press, 2009.
- Maxwell, Robert S. Whistle in the Piney Woods: Paul Bremond and the Houston East and West Texas Railway. Denton: University of North Texas Press, 1963.
- Sitton, Thad and James H. Conrad. Nameless Towns: Texas Sawmill Communities 1880-1942. Austin: University of Texas Press, 1998.
Books about the Oil & Gas Industry
- Clark, James A. and Michael T. Halbouty. Spindletop: The True Story of the Oil Discovery That Changed the World. Houston: Gulf Coast Publishing, 1980.
- Hinton, Diana Davids and Roger M. Olien. Oil in Texas: The Gusher Age, 1895-1945. Austin: University of Texas Press, 2002.
- McDaniel, Robert W. and Henry C. Dethloff. Pattillo Higgins and the Search for Texas Oil. College Station: Texas A & M University Press, 1989.
- Roster, Carl Coke. Oil! Titan of the Southwest. Norman: University of Oklahoma Press, 1949.
- Spencer, Jeff A. Texas Oil and Gas. South Carolina: Arcadia Publishing, 2013.