Mr. Saxton's Class
Graphic Design Lab Fee
1st Week On-Line Learning Schedule:
1st period: Graphic Design and Illustration 1
3rd period: Graphic Design and Illustration 1
4th period: Advanced Graphic Design & Practicum
5th period: Advanced Graphic Design & Practicum
6th periods: E-Sports
7th period: Animation 1
Each lesson in a unit or topic builds on the last. If you miss a lesson you will be playing catch-up. Following these guidelines will help you to learn the skills needed to be a good designer, and hopefully have fun doing it.
- Per Humble ISD, students will not be allowed into class without a mask.
- Be on time and ready for class.
- If the door is shut, you need a pass to enter.
- Phones and headphones must be put away as soon as the bell rings. (Participate!)
- Use the computer for class purposes ONLY.
- Be productive and diligent. As designers, we work at differing paces and with differing levels of ability. Participation is a large part of your grade (up to 40%).
- Written assignments should have correct spelling, grammar, and follow MLA format.
- Before you speak, THINK…
- T - is it True?
- H - is it Helpful?
- I - is it Inspiring?
- N - is it Necessary?
- K - is it Kind?
- Be respectful of yourself, others and property.
- If it’s not kind don’t say it!
- If it’s not yours don’t touch it!
- If others are trying to work, leave them alone!
- There shall be no Snapchatting, TikTok, text messaging or other phone stuff during class. You may choose to create or meditate, but NO PHONES DURING CLASS (without permission)!
- Even if it is your mommy and daddy! They are supposed to call the front office, to avoid disrupting class.
- If you MUST answer/make a call, politely ask Mr. Saxton then step into the hall.
- Phone usage in class will directly affect your participation grade in a negative way (up to 40%).
- No food or drink unless approved by the teacher (Mr. Saxton, only).
- Potty Pass Protocol must be followed or potty privileges will be revoked.
- NOT in the first or last 10 minutes.
- ONLY with a pass.
- Don’t ask while I’m talking.
- Excessive time in the restroom counts as ODA.
- Go to the nearest restroom.
- There shall be no touching of classmates. Students must keep their hands to themselves.
- No horse-play
- No PDA
All lessons, instructions, and assignments are posted in the Schoology Classroom.
Students may access Schoology Classroom through their Humble ISD account, or through the Schoology Classroom app.
*Students are encouraged to download the free Schoology Classroom app on their Apple, Android, or Windows devices so that they may access course information and receive assignment notifications.
- Students, who choose not to do a project in the appropriate manner, will receive alternative work.
- Students who violate the Humble ISD Responsible Use Policy will receive a discipline referral.
- Students entering the classroom with food or drink will be required to throw it away.
- Respectful behavior is the individual student’s responsibility; therefore, all discipline will be dealt with on an individual basis according to the rules and procedures in the Humble ISD Student Handbook.