GT Identification Process
All campuses in Humble ISD provide screening, identification, and services for Gifted and Talented students. The identification and selection of students are determined through a comprehensive, three-step process conducted by a committee that uses multiple and specific criteria.
Humble ISD GT Referral and Assessment Calendar
August 31 - October 2, 2020
- GT Referral Window - Parents and teachers have the opportunity to refer all grades K-5 students (new or returning) for GT identification; a parent and teacher survey must be completed online through the district website.
October 12 - December 18, 2020
- GT assessment window opens for all referred students.
January 22, 2021
- Parent notification letters sent home
February 5, 2021
- Deadline to appeal Campus decision
March 1, 2021
- Kindergarten services begin
*Subject to change
Enrolling in Humble ISD from out-of-district
Placement in the Humble ISD GT program is not automatic for students identified as gifted outside of Humble ISD. Appropriate documentation of previous placement from the sending district must accompany the incoming student. Without the appropriate documentation, the student’s placement may be reviewed by the Building Selection Committee. Humble ISD reserves the right to use its own standard procedures and measurements if there is any question regarding appropriate placement.
Please contact Meghan Nimmo at (281) 641-2183 or email@example.com with any questions.