KHS Parking Update 8/19/18The parking lottery for the 2018-2019 school year has been drawn. Students whose names were pulled from the lottery for a spot have until September 15, 2018, to pay for and pick-up their permit. Students who applied for the lottery with a learner's permit must submit a copy of their actual driver's license before their permit is issued. Permits not claimed by September 15th will be placed back into the lottery. Students who were not drawn from the lottery for a spot will remain in the lottery. Any time a spot becomes available a name will be drawn from the lottery.KHS Parking Update 6/2/18The parking lottery application period has ended. The only applications that will be accepted for the first lottery that will be held in August are for students new to Kingwood High School and Humble ISD. New students please contact Mr. Herbst via email at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information. KHS students who failed to apply for the parking lottery throughout the month of May may apply for the second lottery that will be held if there are any spaces remaining after the conclusion of the first lottery. Results of the first lottery will be posted on the front doors of the school on August 14th for seniors and August 15th for juniors. Seniors may pay for and pick up their passes on August 14th and juniors may pick up and pay for their passes on August 15th.KHS Parking Update 4/26/18
On Tuesday, May 1, 2018, the KHS parking lottery application process for the 2018-2019 school year will begin. Students who will be juniors and seniors during the 2018-2019 school year may submit an application for the parking lottery. The online application will become active at 7:00 AM on May 1st. Students must turn in a hardcopy of the application they submit online along with a copy of their driver’s license or permit and copy of their proof of insurance for their vehicle into office 4300 during lunch or after school. Applications will not be accepted at any other times. Applications must be submitted by May 31st. Any application submitted after May 31st will not be eligible for the first lottery drawing held in early August. If you are interested in the KHS Annual Fund Preferred Parking Program please click here for more information.KHS PARKING REGULATIONS AND PROCEDURES
To be granted a parking permit, a student must:
- Be a senior or a junior (as classified by the registrar) at Kingwood High School. Sophomores and freshmen are not permitted to park on campus.
- Complete the online application form at the bottom of this page (active from May 1 to June 1) and print the submission report to turn in to office 4300 during lunch, or immediately after school. Applications presented before school or during class time/passing periods will not be accepted. Simply follow the instructions at the link below.
- Submit a PHOTOCOPY of their current valid driver's license and a PHOTOCOPY of current liability insurance for the vehicle student will be driving. You must provide your own copy of your license and proof of insurance.
- Students may apply for parking with a driver's permit only if they will have their actual driver's license by September 15, 2018. Submit a copy of the permit at the time of application to be eligible for the lottery. Any permits not paid for and claimed by the September 15th deadline will go back into the lottery to be drawn again. Students must submit a copy of their license by this deadline.
- All documents must be turned in to Mr. Herbst's office (4300) to be considered for a parking spot.
- Applications for shared parking will not be considered until both students have submitted all paperwork to Mr. Herbst's office.
****STUDENTS WITH OUTSTANDING DISCIPLINE, LIBRARY FINES, LOST TEXTBOOKS, OR OTHER OUTSTANDING FEES AT THE END OF THE 2018 SCHOOL YEAR WILL NOT BE ELIGIBLE FOR THE PARKING LOTTERY FOR 2018-2019 school year.
Parking is selected by lottery and applications are drawn in the following order:
1) Seniors sharing with Seniors.
2) Seniors sharing with Juniors.
3) Juniors sharing with Juniors.
4) Senior Singles
5) New Students to Kingwood High School (for August lottery only. After August lottery new students will be drawn by grade level).
6) Junior Singles.
Students will need to remain in good standing in order to keep parking privileges. Discipline infractions, excessive tardies and/or excessive absences can affect your parking permit status. Each incident will be evaluated on an individual basis. A student may lose his/her parking privileges for a period of time or the remainder of the semester. Incidences include but are not limited to the following:
a) Assignment to the Discipline Program.
b) Truancyc) Parking violation of campus parking and/or driving regulations, to include leaving campus without proper authorization.
d) A violation related to alcohol/drugs, to include a being charged with DWI/DUI.
e) Reckless driving on school property.
f) Failure to acknowledge directives of school personnel.
g) Students using their parking privilege to allow sophomores or other unauthorized students to park.
h) Allowing other students to borrow your space or tag.
i) Students are not permitted in the parking lot without a pass.
j) ***Failure to report an accident/collision to school administration at the time the accident occurs may result in forfeiture of parking permit for the remainder of the school year.
- Towing/Booting- Even authorized student vehicles are subject to towing/booting and/or citations when they are parked in unauthorized areas including, but not limited to:
a) faculty/staff parking
b) the circle driveway
c) bus loading and unloading areas
d) any student in a parking space assigned to another student
e) the band practice area after 3:00pm
f) fire zonesg) visitor parkingViolations will lead to:First offense= Extended D-Hall (Saturday class)
Second offense= Extended D-Hall, two-week suspension of parking privilege
Third offense= Extended D-Hall, further suspension of parking privilege, to include consideration of revocation of parking permit
- Junior and Senior students not authorized to park on campus may have their vehicle booted and/or towed and could forfeit their opportunity to obtain a parking permit for the remainder of the year. SOPHOMORES MAY NOT PARK ON CAMPUS. ANY SOPHOMORE PARKING ON CAMPUS MAY FORFEIT THEIR OPPORTUNITY TO OBTAIN A PARKING PERMIT THE FOLLOWING SCHOOL YEAR.
- Assigned parking spaces that remain vacant for extended periods of time are subject to being reclaimed and reassigned.
- You must clearly display your hanging tag at all times while on campus. Any vehicle parked without a hanging tag will be issued a parking violation and is subject to booting and/or loss of parking privileges for repeated offenses.
Parking Tag Fee for 2018-2019 is $50.00(Fee will be paid in August)
- Kingwood High School and Humble ISD are not responsible for damages incurred while cars are parked on campus. Damage to vehicles should be reported to the campus police officer as promptly as possible.
- If you are issued a parking permit there may be times when an unauthorized vehicle is parked in your spot. If this occurs please report this to office 4300 and you will be directed to a space on campus in which you may park.
Lost Tag Fee $5.00Click below to fill out online application (If you have issues with submitting your application online please try submitting the form using Google Chrome web browser). The online application link deactivaes on May 31, 2018. To apply for the parking lottery after that date please contact Mr. Herbst directly at 281-641-6924 or by email at email@example.comThe link below becomes active on May 1, 2018 and disabled on May 31, 2018.