Welcome to AP World History, aka WHAP! This class is challenging, so be ready to work hard! It's going to be a great year!
1) Pg. 533: Identify and explain one factor that accounts for the political and military success of the Mongols.
2) Pg. 538: Describe one way that Mongol rule in Persia was different from that in China.
3) Pg. 539: Describe one distinctive feature about the Russian experience of Mongol rule. (feature is a fancy word for "thing")
4) Pg. 542: Identify and explain one way the Mongol Empire contributed to the globalization of the Eurasian world.
5) Pg. 545: Describe one way the plague caused change in societies. (be sure to use at least one specific example - do not simply discuss societies in general (aka vaguely))
1) Pg. 578: Identify and describe one political or cultural similarity in the histories of fifteenth-century China and Western Europe.
2) Pg. 580: Identify and describe one way that European maritime voyaging in the fifteenth century differed from that of China.
3) Pg. 588: Identify and describe one distinction between the Aztec and Inca Empires.
4) Pg. 590: Explain how Aztec religious thinking supported the empire.
5) Pg. 592: Identify and describe one way Inca authorities sought to integrate their vast domains.
1) Pg. 634: Identify and describe one way the plantation societies of Brazil/the Caribbean differed from those of southern colonies in British North America.
2) Pg. 637: Identify and describe one way the British settler colonies of North America differed from their counterparts in Latin America.
*Do not get the two questions above confused with each other. Pg. 634 focuses on the plantation societies, while 637 focuses on the settler colonies.
3) Pg. 639: Identify and explain one motivation for Russian empire building.
4) Pg. 643: Identify and describe one major feature of Chinese empire building in the early modern era. (suggestion: focus on a cause or a method)
5) Pg. 645: Explain the change in Mughal attitudes and policies toward Hindus from the time of Akbar to the time of Aurangzeb.
1) Pg. 675: To what extent did the Portuguese realize their own goals in the Indian Ocean? (first identify a goal, then evaluate how well they accomplished it)
2) Pg. 682: Explain one way the silver trade was important to world history.
3) Pg. 685: Identify and explain one impact of the fur trade on North American native societies.
4) Pg. 690: Identify and describe one distinction of the Atlantic slave trade in comparison to other patterns of slave trading.
5) Pg. 691: Identify and explain one cause in the rise of the Atlantic slave trade.
1) Pg. 723: Identify and explain one transformation the Protestant Reformation caused in European society, culture or politics. (do not do all three SPICE-T themes - just pick one)
2) Pg. 730: Identify and explain one reason missionary efforts to spread Christianity in China were so much less successful than in Spanish America.
3) Pg. 734: Describe one way Asian cultural changes in the early modern era paralleled those of Europe.
4) Pg. 738: Explain one reason the Scientific Revolution occured in Europe rather than in China or the Islamic world.
5) Pg. 742: Identify and describe one way the Enlightenment challenged older patterns of European thinking.