Lakeland Elementary School
The land for the school was purchased from the Shacran Development Co. in 1958 for $26,000 in April 1958.
The architectural firm of Wylie W. Vale was chosen to design the building. They presented preliminary drawings of the building to the School Board in March 1959.
On March 18, 1959, the School Board voted to name the new school "Lakeland Elementary School."
H. A. Lott, Inc. was hired as the general contractor for the building. The Southland Equipment Company was awarded the contract to supply the cafeteria kitchen equipment.
Construction was completed in 1960.
The size of the school is 77,812 square feet. The total site acreage is 8.37 acres.