BiologyAnimal Kingdom Research Project 2017webpage design by AHS Librariansxplain your assignment.
nalyze possible sources to use.
- Check here for your assignment sheet.
- Formulate a major research question to address your topic.
- Formulate a plan for your research.
The following search apps can be used to search information including book articles, newspapers, images, essays, etc. If you are accessing these outside a school computer you will need the usernames and passwords. Please stop by the circulation desk for a list of these.Since the topic list covers many subject areas, you may also want to search our databases according to the subject.Search Apps by SubjectsSuggested Websites:
- Search Apps
o get your information.
- Notetaking organizers developed by you or your teacher can be very helpful.
- Outlines can be created quickly and easily in a word processing program. Include your notes under the appropriate subtopics.
- Library Source Forms can be useful because they show you what types of information you need for various sources, the correct MLA format, as well as an example.
earn to paraphrase, summarize, quote and accurately cite all researched information.
stablish your notes and create a first draft and any other documentation your project requires.
- Lessons in the classroom will help you understand the difference between paraphrasing, summarizing and quoting information.
- Be sure you understand plagiarism so that it can be avoided!
- Record all bibliographic information as you take notes.
- Be ready to cite your information accurately according to MLA format
ize it up!
- Check to make sure your information is relevant as well as reliable.
- Have you used books and online information from library databases?
- Do you feel confident that you have evaluated information found on the Internet correctly? If not, please ask for help!
- Keep the purpose of your research and your audience in mind as you present your information
- Did I evaluate the quality of my information?
- Is it reliable and documented correctly?
- Have I considered my audience?
- Are my ideas presented in a logical progression?
- Is my point of view clearly stated?
- Did I use MLA format, parenthetical documentation, and include a Works Cited page?
- Go for the A!