Steps to Enroll Your Child in the Dual Language Program
Children who are eligible to begin Kindergarten as defined by Education Code 29.151 (5 years old prior to September 1) may apply to the Humble Elementary Dual Language Program, “No Limits.”
1. Complete an application and return it via:
- Fax: 281-641-1117; or
- Email: Kelly.Cox@humbleisd.net; or
- Mail to: Humble Elementary, Attn: Kelly Cox, 20252 Fieldtree, Humble, TX 77338
The application deadline is Friday, April 27th, at 3:30 p.m.
2. You will be contacted to schedule a date and time for your child to receive an oral language assessment and academic screener during the school day. Testing will take place at the beginning of May (not STAAR testing week). Please speak to Mrs. Cox if you have any scheduling conflicts.
3. Parents must read, understand and sign a “No Limits” Parent Contract form in order for their child to be eligible for the program.
4. Students are tested in their native language and must score fluent on the oral language test and have a passing score on the academic screener. Students will be ranked by proficiency levels and accepted into the program until slots are filled. All applicants will be tested. If the number of qualified applicants exceeds classroom capacity, a lottery system will then be used to determine which students will enroll in the program.
5. All applicants will be informed of their child’s status in the program through email no later than May 25th.
6. If your child is accepted into the program and your attendance zone is not Humble Elementary, an intra-district transfer form will need to be completed. These will be provided by Mrs. Cox on the day of testing and will be forwarded to the district office. Registration dates for HE will be emailed along with the program status information as noted in statement 5, above.
*Please note that, in accordance with Humble ISD policy, a student transfer may be revoked whenever the principal establishes that a student:
- Has been truant;
- Fails to maintain satisfactory conduct;
- Fails to maintain passing grades; or
- Fails to be punctual.
*Any student in the “No Limits” Program who does not maintain satisfactory attendance, receives failing grades, or chooses not to follow Humble ISD’s code of student conduct may be reassigned to a general education or bilingual classroom at their home campus.