Animal BehaviorSpring 2017
Mrs. SmithWebpage by KPHS Librarian
Explain your assignment.
- Check here for your assignment sheet.
- Formulate a major research question to address your topic.
- Formulate a plan for your research.
Analyze possible sources to use.BooksUse Destiny Discover to search for all print and digital resources at KPHS!Use Destiny to locate books on your topic. In addition, we have pulled a cart of books on this topic to save you some time, but please feel free to search Destiny to find more on the shelves.DatabasesWebsiteIf you just feel you must use a search engine, because you could absolutely not find anything in the databases...try Sweet Search.
Go get your information.Learn to paraphrase, summarize, quote and accurately cite all researched information.
- Notetaking organizers developed by you or your teacher can be very helpful.
- Outlines can be created quickly and easily in a word processing program. Include your notes under the appropriate subtopics.
Library Source Forms can be useful because they show you what types of information you need for various sources, the correct MLA format, as well as an example.
- Lessons in the classroom will help you understand the difference between paraphrasing, summarizing and quoting information.
- Be sure you understand plagiarism so that it can be avoided!
- Record all bibliographic information as you take notes.
- Be ready to cite your information accurately according to MLA format
Establish your notes and create a first draft, presentation, or any other documentation your project requires.
- Did you find enough information to support your major research question?
- Check to make sure your information is relevant as well as reliable.
- Have you used books and online information from library databases?
Do you feel confident that you have evaluated information found on the Internet correctly? If not, please ask for help!
- Keep the purpose of your research and your audience in mind as you present your information.
Size it up!
- Did I evaluate the quality of my information?
- Is it reliable and documented correctly?
- Does it support my thesis?
- Do I have a special presentation?
- Have I considered my audience?
- Are my ideas presented in a logical progression?
Is my point of view clearly stated?
Did I use MLA format and include a Works Cited page?
Go for the A!