Welcome to Business Information Management
Grade Level: 9-12 Level Grade Points
Prerequisite: (Recommended) Touch System Data Entry
Recommended Supplies: Headphones, 1 box of kleenex and or baby wipes
*Students implement personal and interpersonal skills to strengthen individual performance in the workplace and in society and make a successful transition to the workforce and postsecondary education.
*Students apply technical skills to address business applications of emerging technologies, create word-processing documents, develop a spreadsheet, formulate a database, and make an electronic presentation using the appropriate software.
Goals: This course is designed so each participant will:
- Coordinate information management and business management to aid in business planning.
- Enhance usability of systems operations to support business strategies and operations.
- Analyze available software packages for use in business settings.
- Use computer’s operating system to execute work responsibilities.
- Apply word processing technology.
- Identify database software to create a database.
- Apply data entry techniques.
- Use commands to retrieve data and create reports.
- Apply data mining methods to acquire information.
- Plan a business project.
- Apply spreadsheet technology.
- Apply presentation technology
Extra activities include - Vertual Guest speakers
Communication is key... Stay connected through Schoolology