Interested in becoming a member of National Honor Society?
NHS applications begin in late February / early March of each school year. In order to be eligible to apply for NHS, applicants must meet certain requirements (see below). If you want to discuss the application process, please feel free to come speak with the NHS Sponsors. If you are a freshman or sophomore, we encourage you to get active in both the school and community. We look for applicants who embody the pillars of our organization: character, service, leadership, and scholarship.
What does a NHS member look like?
- He or she is classified as a junior or senior. (Sophomores can apply at the end of 10th grade if they have completed all course requirements.)
- He or she maintains at least a 4.25 cumulative GPA throughout the school year.
- He or she demonstrates excellence in character and leadership both on campus and in the community.
- All members must complete a total of 30 service hours throughout the year. Fifteen of those hours need to come from NHS-sponsored events.
- Each student is required to attend a leadership conference in the fall semester to develop and hone his or her leadership skills.
- All NHS members are also required to pay membership dues.