Establish an enriching, motivating, empowering environment in which all students develop a growth mindset toward learning.
Provide all students with fundamental skills to promote academic success, self-efficacy, self-advocacy as they begin their educational journey.
- Experience Writing to learn, Inquiry, Collaboration,Organization, and Reading across the curriculum.
- Develop Student Success skills, partnerships,and a college-going mentality in all students.
- Provide tools for all students to effectively navigate the culture of school systems and academic transitions throughout their educational careers.
- Strengthen transition across entire feeder patterns.
- Develop a common language of articulation,calibration,assessment, and accountability to promote equity and access for all students across the AVID College Readiness System:
AVID Elementary in the classroom at OAKS
- Students will fill out a planner daily and include the learning objective for each class along with their homework, important school due dates, and important social dates in order to foster a "plan ahead" mentality.
- The Binder is used as an organizational tool for accountability and responsibility.
- SMART goal-setting skills in the classroom.
- Time Management Skills
- Note-taking strategies- STAR notes, 2 column notes, and three column notes prepare students for Cornell notes in middle and high school.
- Collaborative learning.
- Inquiry method
- Effective reading strategies for comprehension.
- Building community within the school and the classroom with open communication.
These skills will help our students:
-develop intrinsic motivation
-promote a belief that academic rigor is expected, possible and attainable.
-Strengthen the bridge between elementary and middle school.
All information from this page was retrieved from: Advancement Via Individual Determination Foundations: Implementation Resource Book