The purpose of the HOSA organization is to develop leadership, service, knowledge, and skills related to the various medical fields. We do this through a program of motivation, awareness, and recognition, which is an integral part of the Health Science Education instructional program.HOSA is the largest club on the KHS campus, promoting and nurturing the skills of future healthcare professionals.We are looking forward to another amazing year: blood drives, Area, State, and National competitions, and community events! Our HOSA chapter has heart and brain power!***For more information visit our website at: kingwoodhosa.orgKHS Health Science Booster ClubKingwood High School Health Science (KHSHS) Booster Club is an organization comprised of parents and volunteers dedicated to raising funds to support students and faculty members of both the Health S c i e n c e program and HOSA.SIGN UP HERE TO JOIN! No Deadline but please join as soon as possible.
KHS Health Science:
KHSHS is an elective curriculum that focuses on the world of medicine. Students will be given the opportunity to explore a range of medical information spanning from basic anatomy and medical terminology to leadership and ethics. The curriculum is spread across the following separate courses:Principles of Health ScienceHealth Science IIMedical TerminologyPharmacy TecnicianCertified Nursing AssistantMedical MicrobiologyPathophysiologyAnatomy and Physiology
For more information on these courses and their requirements, please contact your student's KHS Counselor.
Ms. Pam Lard
- Bachelors Degree, Midwestern State Univ.in Psychology and Kinesiology
- Masters Degree, Angelo State, majoring in Kinesiology and minoring in Special Language Learning Disorders
- State License and National Certification for Athletic Training and Sports Medicine
- Emergency Room Technician
- U.S Army E-4, X-Ray Technician
Mrs. Kelly Tingle
- Nursing - Labor and Delivery, High-risk Antepartum, and Postpartum
- Graduated from Texas Tech University's School of Nursing in 1998
- Previously taught at Vista Ridge High School and Stony Point High School.
- HOSA advisor for five yearsFor more information visit our webpage: http://www.khshsbooster.org/