Dual Language Program
Dual Language Video Si desea ver los subtitulos en español, por favor seleccione el botón CC en el parte inferior derecho del video.
Parents of incoming kindergarten students must attend one of the parent information meetings before applying for the Two-Way Dual Language Program. Applications for the 2018-2019 school year will be due at 3:30 p.m. on Friday, April 27, 2018.
Dual Language Program Informational Meetings will be held on the following dates at Humble Elementary, 20252 Fieldtree Drive, Humble, Texas 77338
- Thursday, March 1, 2018 from 6:00 - 7:00 p.m.
- Thursday, March 8, 2018 from 8:15-9:15 a.m. (Classroom Tour 9:15-9:45)
What is Two-Way Dual Language?
The Dual Language Program is a biliteracy program model that integrates native Spanish speakers and native English speakers in a mixed group setting through literacy in the core content areas of Math, Reading, Language Arts, Science and Social Studies.
The goal of the Dual Language Program is to help students become bilingual, biliterate and bicultural while promoting high academic achievement. Students in the Dual Language Program develop an appreciation and a cross-cultural understanding of others. The Dual Language Program provides students an opportunity to obtain a Seal of Biliteracy Performance Acknowledgement upon graduation while preparing for college, career and life choices.
Where is the program offered?
20252 Fieldtree Drive
Humble, Texas 77338
What are the criteria selection for the Two-Way Dual Language Program?
- Oral Language Proficiency
- Academic Screeners
What is the Enrollment Process?
- Attend a Dual Language parent informational meeting to receive specific details, expectations, parent commitment form and the application.
- Submit completed application and parent commitment form to Humble Elementary. Materials may also be submitted by printing, signing, scanning, and emailing to Kelly.Cox@humbleisd.net.
- The Dual Language Program coordinator, Kelly Cox, will contact the parent to schedule a date and time for the student to be tested.