Spanish Immersion Program
The Spanish Immersion Program (SIP) is a language enrichment program that provides Spanish as a second language instruction to fluent English speaking students through the core academic content areas (Math, Reading, Language Arts, Science and Social Studies).
Where is the Spanish Immersion Program offered during the 2019-2020 school year?
What are the criteria for selection to the Spanish Immersion Program?
- Bear Branch Elementary: 1st through 5th grade
- Groves Elementary: 1st and 3rd grades
- Pine Forest Elementary: 1st through 5th grade
- Creekwood Middle School: Advanced Spanish
- West Lake Middle School: Advanced Spanish
Required for Enrollment Process
- First time Kindergarten student
- English Level 8 on a Developmental Reading Assessment
- Kindergarten Literacy/Language Checklist Assessment
- Attend a Spanish Immersion Program parent informational meeting to receive specific details, expectations, and the application.
- Application materials are available at the parent meetings. Submit completed application to the campus for which your child is applying. Applications may also be submitted by signing, scanning, and emailing to SpanishImmersion@humbleisd.net.
- The Spanish Immersion Program will contact your child’s current kindergarten teacher for student information.