What is the Spanish Immersion Program?
The Spanish Immersion Program (SIP) is a language enrichment program that provides Spanish as a second language instruction to fluent English speaking students through the core academic content areas (Math, Reading, Language Arts, Science and Social Studies).
Where is the Spanish Immersion Program offered?
- Bear Branch Elementary: 1st through 5th grade
- Groves Elementary: 1st grade
- Pine Forest Elementary: 1st through 5th grade
- Creekwood Middle School: Advanced Spanish
- Middle School #9 (once opened): Advanced Spanish
What are the criteria for selection to the Spanish Immersion Program?
- First time Kindergarten student
- DRA Running Record (Instructional) Level 8
- Kindergarten Literacy/Language Assessment
- Attend a Spanish Immersion Program parent informational meeting to receive specific details, expectations, parent commitment form and the application.
- Submit completed application and parent commitment form to the campus for which your child is applying. (Applications for Groves Elementary will be accepted at Atascocita Springs, Eagle Springs and Lakeshore Elementary Schools). Materials may also be submitted by printing, signing, scanning, and emailing to SpanishImmersion@humbleisd.net.
- The Spanish Immersion Program will contact your child’s current kindergarten teacher for student information.