Spanish Immersion Program
Updated times and dates for informational nights will be added soon.
Nuevas fechas para las reuniones informativas a ser anunciadas prontamente.
The Spanish Immersion Program (SIP) is a language enrichment program that provides Spanish as a second language instruction to fluent English speaking students. The goal of Spanish Immersion is to provide a rigorous, cross-curricular, second language enrichment program that empowers students’ learning and literacy capacity in both languages; build an appreciation of Spanish speaking cultures; and prepare students for college, career and life choices.
Parent Informational Meetings
Date: March 24, 2020 and April 2, 2020
Time: 6:00 pm - 7:00 p.m.
Location: James D. Eggers Instructional Support Center
4810 Magnolia Cove
Kingwood, TX 77345
Where is the Spanish Immersion Program offered during the 2020 - 2021 school year?
What are the criteria for selection to the Spanish Immersion Program?
- Bear Branch Elementary: 1st through 5th grade
- Groves Elementary: 1st through 4th grade
- Pine Forest Elementary: 1st through 5th grade
- Centennial Elementary: 1st through 2nd
- Creekwood Middle School: Advanced Spanish
- West Lake Middle School: Advanced Spanish
- First time Kindergarten student
- English Level 6 on a reading assessment tool
- Attend a Spanish Immersion Program parent informational meeting to learn about specific details, expectations, and the application process.
- Complete and submit SIP Application and Parent Commitment form online no later than April 17, 2020.
- Link to SIP Application will be available on March 25th.