Welcome to 1st SIP!2019-2020Anna HernandezROOM # 407281-641-1630Twitter: @sra_anna
Student Workstation Board
Reading & Response
Word Study (Spelling)
Write a Script!
Retell the story by writing your own script! Decide which characters are most important and create a play retelling the story. For more fun, make props/puppets and act it out!
Have you ever been to an amusement park? Write about that time. What did you see, hear, smell, taste, and/or feel?
Use your foot to measure various objects. Now, measure the same objects using your hand. Record your findings.
Write each word in pencil. Then, trace each letter with a different color.
Read the story out loud to a family member. Write three questions to quiz your family members after you are finished reading the story. Then quiz them!
Kindness is contagious. Write about a time when you were kind to others.
Create a picture using only 2D shapes. Label the shapes in your picture.
Use your best handwriting, or type, each word three times.
Write or type them in ABC order.
Report the Story!
Retell the story like a news reporter! Make a microphone (or use a hairbrush, for example) to report the story.
What is your favorite season? Write about the best activity you have ever done during that season.
Create your own addition and subtraction story problems for family members to solve.
Write each word and draw a picture illustrating the word.
Create a Timeline!
Make a timeline of important events that occurred in the story. Be sure to put them in the correct sequence (beginning, middle, end).
Have you ever felt so happy that it seemed like you were walking on air? Write about that special time.
Pretend you are teaching a younger child how to tell time. Create a way (book, poster, etc.) to teach them the different parts of a digital and analog clock.
Cut & Paste
Cut letters from newspapers or magazines or write all the letters you need on any kind of paper, cut them out, and paste to make a spelling list.
Daily Class Schedule
- 7:50-8:30 – Arrival/Morning Routine
- 8:30-9:30 – Math – *Required: Istation Math – 15 minutes* / Choose math activity from the choice board.
- 9:3 0-10:00 – Word Study – Choose a word study activity from the choice board.
- 10:00-10:45 – Writing – Choose a writing activity from the choice board.
- 10:45-11:15 – Reading - *Required: Istation Reading English and Spanish– 15/15 minutes* - Choose a reading activity from the choice board.
- 11:15-12:15 – Lunch/Recess
- 12:15-1:10 – Reading - *Required - 15 minutes silent-sustained reading* - Choose a reading option from the technology menu.
- 1:10-2:00 - Specials
- 2:00-3:00 – Social Studies/Science – There are many learning opportunities for science and social studies through Discovery Education.