Mu Alpha Theta
National High School Mathematics Honor Society
Mu Alpha Theta is a national honor society for mathematics students. Its purpose is to recognize excellence in mathematics and promote mathematical activities.
Students must apply for membership and meet the following qualifications:
- Complete four semesters of high school mathematics at the level of Algebra I and above and be enrolled in an additional advanced course (Algebra II or above)
- Achieve a cumulative average grade of B (4) or higher in your high school mathematics classes
- Maintain a satisfactory record at QECHS with no serious discipline infractions
- Obtain permission from parents to join
- Pay a one-time registration fee of $10 at the time of initiation into the club
Application may be made by filling out the attached form. Admission decisions will be made by a faculty committee.
Mu Alpha Theta at Quest ECHS will be governed by its Constitution and By-Laws and will elect officers annually. The club will meet at least twice per month. Activities may include mathematical games and puzzles, guest speakers, field trips, service projects, and competitions. Anyone is welcome to attend club meetings, but only members have voting privileges and may be officers.