May 17, 2017
Dear RMS Family,
I wanted to take this opportunity to thank all of you who have generously supported Riverwood Middle School's Annual Fund Campaign in the past. We are very excited to convey that we received nearly $52,000 in donations this past year! Truly amazing support for our campus programming.
Those donations helped us purchase and pursue the following items for the students of Riverwood MS:
- classroom desks and chairs for 12 classrooms
- chairs for both art classrooms
- modular tables and chairs in our library to make it a functional space for teachers and students, giving them the ability to rearrange seating based on instructional need
- 30 Chromebooks with cart
- support of student learning through teacher professional development
- 4 teachers attended the TCEA conference in February
- 6 teachers attended the Schoology NEXT conference to explore how to better utilize the Schoology application with our students, teachers, and parents during the 2017-18 school year
As we move forward into the 2017-18 school year, we know that we can reach our goal of
$70,000 for the Annual Fund Campaign. Projects that we would like to target for next year’s campaign include:
- completing the purchase of modular desks and chairs for the remaining classrooms at RMS that allow teachers to easily change the shape and set-up of their classrooms to benefit student instruction
- exploring the purchase and installation of a covered walkway for the High Valley side entrance
We hope that you will consider making a donation to the RMS Annual Fund for the upcoming school year campaign. We appreciate all that you do to help our students obtain the best education possible!