DRESS CODE HIGHLIGHTS
Students and parents should keep these points in mind when planning outfits for school:
- Students at all grade levels may wear shorts, but “short shorts” are forbidden. The length of shorts must be between the knee and mid-thigh.
- Skirts and dresses must also be mid-thigh length or longer. Girls are not allowed to wear skirts or dresses with slits extending above the mid-thigh area.
- Spaghetti straps, leotards and halters as an outer garment are not acceptable. Blouses covering tube tops must be buttoned.
- Earrings are permitted for female students only. No student, male or female, will be allowed to wear jewelry in other pierced areas of the body while at school.
- Visible tattoos are not permitted.
- Students must wear shoes. Steel-toe shoes, house slippers, cleats and roller or wheeled shoes are not permitted. In addition, elementary students may not wear flip-flops or heels above one-half inch.
- Sleepwear may not be worn at school.
- Excessively loose or tight garments are not acceptable. All clothing should be appropriately fitted.
- All shirts must be worn so as not to expose the bare chest. Tank tops or undershirts are not to be worn as outer garments. The midriff must not be exposed when a student goes through the normal activities of a school day, including bending, stretching or reaching.
- Male students are not allowed to wear shirts without sleeves.
- Elementary students are not allowed to wear makeup.
- Sunglasses are not allowed to be worn in the school building.
- Sideburns must be trimmed neatly and not extend below the ear. Mustaches and beards are not allowed.
- Hairstyles must be neat, clean and well groomed. Hair that is dyed an unnatural color, such as green or orange, is not permitted.