Training Rules and Enrollment Standards
Humble ISD Police Department
Law Enforcement Training Division
*YOU MUST BE CURRENTLY EMPLOYED WITH A LAW ENFORCEMENT AGENCY AS A PEACE OFFICER, EITHER FULL TIME/ PART TIME/ RESERVE, OR A TELECOMMUNICATOR, TO ATTEND ANY HUMBLE ISD POLICE DEPARTMENT COURSE*
Class Attendance: Tardiness will not be tolerated and will be subject to make up. If you are a Humble ISD Police Department employee and tardy or fail to attend a scheduled class you have registered to attend, you must meet with the Chief of Police before you can attend any future training.
Disciplined Behavior: Professional demeanor and conduct will be maintained at all times. Under no circumstances will rudeness to an instructor or disruptive behavior will be tolerated. Abusive language and horseplay will not be tolerated.
Dress Code: Officers attending classes represent not only their respective agency, but also the law enforcement profession. Officer’s dress should be appropriate for professionals continuing their education. Agency uniforms are appropriate or officers may dress in business casual.
Not Permitted: Hats, tank tops, halter tops, T-shirts, shorts (unless work uniform), and thongs/sandals are not permitted in the classroom.
Range Dress Code: Officers should dress accordingly for firearms training. BDU’s are a good choice, as are shorts with cargo pockets. Wear footwear that will offer proper support. No red shirts or hats will be worn by students. Everyone at the range will be required to wear eye and ear protection, and a hat is highly recommended. Students should be prepared for inclement weather. Body armor is suggested for training and will be mandatory for some classes.
No tobacco products are allowed on the firing lines.
Photographic/Recording Equipment: Unless prior arrangements are made with the training coordinator, no photographic or recording equipment will be used by students.
Smoking: Smoking is prohibited on all school district property.
The Chief of Police will be the final authority on all training issues.
Prior to enrollment in any Humble ISD Police Department training which provides instruction in defensive tactics, arrest procedures, firearms, or use of a motor vehicle for law enforcement purposes, the person must meet the following:
- Have written documentation that the person is currently licensed by the commission or;
- Documentation that the person is not currently charged with any criminal offense for which conviction would bar licensing
- never been on court-ordered community supervision or probation for any criminal offense above the grade of a class B misdemeanor within the last ten years from the date of the court order
- Has never been convicted of an offense above the grade of a class B misdemeanor within the last ten years
- Has never been convicted of any family violence offense
- Is not prohibited by state or federal law from
- operating a motor vehicle
- possessing firearms or ammunition
- And is a United State citizen.