Lettering Criteria for KHS HOSA
The following criteria must be met for a HOSA member to have the privilege of purchasing a letter jacket for KHS HOSA.
Criteria 1: Active membership for at least two years.
a. Active member is defined as:
1. Paying annual HOSA dues
2. Attending at least six HOSA meetings each year
3. Enrolling in a Health Science Class for at least 2 semesters
Criteria 2: Participation in the HOSA activities for two years.
a. Participation is defined by participating in a minimum of three service projects (blood drives, nursing home visits, social events, charity partnership…)
Criteria 3: Participate in at least six HOSA leadership activities.
a. These six activities may be a combination of, but not limited to the following:
1. Members in HOSA Officer Positions will earn 2 leadership activities.
2. HOSA Fall Leadership Conference will earn 1 leadership activity.
3. Members qualifying for an Area competition by testing will earn 3 leadership activities.
4. Members qualifying for State competition will earn 6 leadership activities.
5. Members qualifying for National competition will earn 6 leadership activities.
Criteria 4: Participate in the HOSA fundraiser each year.
Criteria 5: No disciplinary action taken against them that includes a write up, Detention, In School Suspension,
Long Term Suspension. No holds (owe money or materials, books) in Humble ISD.Criteria 6: No more than 3 unexcused absences (single day) during the year in which they are letteringPlease print out the attached criteria form and application. HOSA Lettering