PRE-K NEW STUDENT REGISTRATION INFORMATION 2020-2021
At this time, enrollment remains open for the 2020-2021 school year.
Enrollment for the 2021-2022 school year will open in the Spring. Please continue to visit our webiste for any updates.
To participate in the Pre-Kindergarten Program, a child must be 4 years old on or before September 1 of the current school year AND meet one of the following criteria:
- Limited English Proficiency: the child is unable to speak or comprehend the English Language (*Language other than English is spoken in the home/testing required)
- Educationally Disadvantaged: the child would be eligible to participate in the National Free and Reduced Lunch Program (based on family’s gross income) Income Chart
- Homeless: the child is homeless
- Child of an active duty member of the Armed Services of the United States
- Child of a member of the Armed Services who was injured or killed while on active duty
- Child has been under the conservatorship of the Department of Family and Protective Services following an adversary hearing
- Is the child of a person eligible for the Star of Texas Award
If you have concerns about your child's speech and language skills or development, please contact your campus Speech Pathologist or Diagnostician for a preschool referral.
Steps to Pre-Register for Pre-Kindergarten for the 2020-2021 school year:
2. While Humble ISD campuses are temporarily closed, all documentation will need to be uploaded into the online application before the enrollment process is complete. If you have difficulty uploading documents, please contact email@example.com.
- Child’s Proof of Age and Proof of Identity Acceptable Documents (English) Documentos aceptables (español)
- Parent/Guardian’s driver’s license or passport for identification purposes
- Up-To-Date Immunization records - must be signed or stamped by the physician or his/her designee or public health personnel (including electronic MyChart records)
- Proof of residency in Humble ISD
- For students residing in a house, the lease, deed, or a current utility (gas, water, electricity) bill will suffice.
- For students residing in an apartment, a lease containing parent and student names or a letter from apartment manager is required.
- If both parent and student live with a relative or friend in Humble ISD whose residence is not an apartment, the parent and the person with whom they reside must submit a notarized Verification of Address affidavit. The required form is available from any Humble ISD campus.
- Eligibility documentation
- Income verification-SNAP documentation, current check stubs stating gross income for last 30 days or unemployment pay stub
- Military disability letter
- Department of Family and Protective Services verification letter
3. Please know that all documents must be received and eligibility must be verified before your child’s enrollment is complete. You will be notified of your assigned Pre-Kindergarten campus upon district verification.
4. Please know that all registered students must be in attendance the first day of school, August 11, 2020, or they will be dropped from class rosters.