Week of 5/22Dates - Please make sure you are reading the Cardinal Chronicle that is sent by the school each week for important dates.5/23 2:00 - Third Grade Awards and Slide ShowField Trip to the Blue Bell Factory - Brenhan. We had a wonderful time., and I am so glad that several parents were able to go with us. Thank you for your help. Big thank you to Mrs. Lori Smith for transporting the lunches for us. :)THANK YOU! I felt very appreciated throughout the week for Teacher Appreciation. I appreciate your thoughtfulness and generosity. It is a pleasure to work with these amazing cardinals!SO PROUD - Students took the Math STAAR test on 5/4. While we don't have access to scores, I do know that these kiddos worked really hard to show what they know. I am SO PROUD of them. We will hopefully have scores by the end of May. We have been told that it may take a longer time for the Reading assessment to come back, as their was a writing component.Academics - Please check the Academics this Week section on the website
Wishlist: Thank you very much for helping with supplies this year.
Attendance: . Parents can report their student absences 3 ways: Call the attendance line at 281-641-2319, email email@example.com directly, or complete the Report an Absence form on the WCE website. Parents must report all absences to have them excused.
Communication: I believe that a crucial part to any student's success is good parent/teacher communication.
Questions/Concerns: Email is the best form of communication for questions/concerns. I always try to respond to emails within 24 hours.
Remind: A sheet was sent home in the Friday folder, 8/12, with instructions on how to sign up for Remind. We do use it occasionally to send out brief messages. I ask that you not send me messages on Remind - there is a delay in getting them sometimes. If you haven't signed up for Remind and need the information, please email me.
Friday Folder: I send home graded material in the Friday folder each week. You will also see the weekly conduct grade. Please sign the conduct page and return the folder each Monday.
Website: Please look at 2 sections of my website weekly, Newsletter and Academics this Week. The Academics this Week section covers material that we will be learning the following week. At times, I also share links, anchor charts, & websites that will help you as you work with your child at home.
A few general notes:
Each week, we will have a "Citizen of the Week". The Citizen of the Week will bring home a "newspaper" on Monday to be filled out and returned on the following Friday. The citizen will then have the opportunity to share the items they have included in the newspaper, along with 3-5 items they are asked to bring in the Cool Kid Cooler. I send the cooler home with the Citizen Thursday to be brought back Friday.
- Citizen of the Week
Is your child going to be absent? If you are aware that your child will be absent, please send an email and let me know. If possible, I will try to get work together ahead of time, as it helps the student to go ahead and go over the material at home, and not feel overwhelmed with the new material and missed material the day they return. If he/she misses graded material, I will usually ask that they come in the morning before school to make up the work. I try to provide information on-line with links, slides and/or videos when possible so that it is not necessary to come to the school to pick up material. However, there are times when that is not possible. I will work with you, and we can make sure our Cardinals are not missing information. Also, each day I ask the children if anyone has anything for me. Please remind your child to turn in make-up work during this time.
- Watches - If students have smart watches, we ask that you not text them during the school day. Please email the teachers or call the front office to relay messages.
- Extra Clothes - Please have a change of clothes to be left in their backpack. If a kiddo accidently slips on the soccer field in a wet area they didn't see, it is so helpful to have the extra clothes ready to go once they clean up. We try to make sure the children stay out of those areas, but every once in awhile we miss a spot. Thanks so much!
Volunteers - If you are available to assist with projects, such as cutting out, laminating and bagging items, please let me know.
- IMPORTANT Regarding Emails:
If you email me regarding a message that your child needs to receive, I will always email you back a short "got it" type message. If you do not get that message back from me in a reasonable amount of time, please contact the front office in order to make sure that the message has been received.
On Tuesday of each week, we have a PLC schedule. I am in meetings from 2:15 - 4:00. I do not see the students after 2:15, and am unable to check the email until after my meeting.
- Grades: Grades will be posted on-line regularly. I try to have grades posted within 24/48 hours of a graded assignment. You should be able to view your child's grades using "Home Access Center". See the district website, "Parent" tab. If a paper comes home in the Friday folder and it does not have a grade at the top, then it was not a graded assignment that is part of the student's average. Those papers that do have a number/letter grade are part of the average. We are currently in the 4th 9-week grading period - Can you believe it???
- Dimissal Time - 3:10 -Biker/Walker 3:15 Car Riders
- Change in Transportation - Please let the ladies in the WCE Nest know if your child has a change in transportation. Changes need to be made by 2:00. They will notify the classroom teachers.
- Jackets - Don't forget those "backpack" jackets. Our room can be chilly! Please be sure to have their name on the jacket.
Please check your child's homework folder daily. The homework is posted in the same place in our room each day, and the children are reminded in the projected message, as well as verbally, to copy their homework assignment.
Please remember to send a healthy snack and water bottle with your child daily. Please send a non-spraying sports type water bottle to class in order to prevent spills. This is a working snack. Finger foods are needed during this time. 1 regular size snack or 2 small snacks, please. A snack buffet leads to full/tired kiddos. Please do not send items that need to be dipped or use a utensil. For example - While an orange is healthy, it might not be a good choice if it is juicy. Finger foods such as popcorn, pretzels, goldfish, grapes, sliced apples, and crackers are great for working snack time. Thank you for your cooperation.Be sure to check the "Academics This Week" for current academic information.
- Snack/Water Bottle