Quizzes, Tests and Assigned work:1. I do not ALWAYS announce quizzes.2. Any quiz given is based on reading the textbook. Please check out a book and READ!3. I am fairly "laid-back" but I was raised to have a meticulous work ethic. I expect the same from my students.4. I assign a certain amount of written/typed work both in and out of class. If the assigned work is to be typed, I expect it to be proper in MLA or APA formatting, grammar, spelling and always proof-read. If it is in-class, I need it to be neat and readable, with proper structure spelling and grammar UNLESS I tell you otherwise!5. AP students need to know that the grade book is a 70/30 split. Level classes are 60/40.
- When someone “has the floor” everyone else is quiet and listening.
- Please be recognized before speaking.
- Use the restroom before coming to class. No restroom trips during testing.
- Be on time! Be in dress code! Wear your ID! Policies will be enforced.
- Come prepared with all needed materials.
- Use a planner to keep track of assignments and due dates. The class calendar is online.
- Turn in assignments on time.
- Purses, bags and backpacks will remain on the floor during class period.
- Cell phones will be off at all times and placed in the cell phone "Parking Lot" that hangs on the door. Please be respectful of the District BYOD policy.
- Reminder: You are at Kingwood High School. You are expected to reach high and be the BEST you can be!