The job of the school nurse that most people are familiar with is to provide first aid and illness care for students during the school day. We provide many other services for the students as well.
Listed below are just a few of the programs Humble ISD elementary school nurses are responsible for each school year.
- Yearly Vision & Hearing Screening
- Immunization Review
- Reviewing health inventories on all students and creating care plans and emergency action plans as needed
- Medication Administration
- Medical Procedures
- Diabetic Risk Assessment for students in 1st, 3rd & 5th grade
- Scoliosis Screening for 5th grade girls
- Health Education lessons in the classroom
If you have any questions concerning these services or programs please don't hesitate to call.
There are opportunities for parents to volunteer during the vision and hearing screening each fall.