USTA Sanctioned Tournaments-Must be USTA member to play-Junior membership is about $20 annually.
Non-Sanctioned Tournaments-Any player can play. These types of tournaments usually smaller and played locally.
Challenger Tournament-Any junior can play in their age group. This is where most of the juniors in Texas start. If the player win this tournament, he/she will qualify for CHAMP level. OR best four tournaments results that add up to 65 points to move up to CHAMP.
CHAMP - Winner of Challener can play in champ tournaments OR Superchamps that are age up that are not in top 25% in super ranking.
SUPERCHAMP - Winner of CHAMP can play in superchamp tournaments OR best three champ tournaments results add up to 80 points in a 12 months rolling period. This is the highest level in Texas and you play tournaments to get points for ranking
For more information about USTA TOURNAMENTS go to www.texas.usta.com and look under Junior section
HOW TO FIND TOURNAMENTS ONLINE?
1. Go to www.texas.usta.com
2. Under"Juniors" along the left hand side, scroll down to "tournament/rankings"
3. Select "Searchable Schedule"
4. If you know the tournament ID number, type that in and click "Find It"
5. If you don't know tournament ID number, Select Texas section and do a keyword search
Use "Challenger" for Challengers
Use "CMZ" for Championship Major Zone
Use "SCMZ" for Superchamp Major Zone
6. Select the month and year and click "Find It"
HOW TO REGISTER FOR A TOURNAMENT?
1. Click on "Click here to register online" in the middle of the tournament homepage.
2. You need USTA and credit card number in order to complete the registration
3. Verify and print your confirmation number
4. Check the Applicant List to see if your name is in the tournament
5. If you don't see your name, contact the tournament director