Welcome to the SCHS Choir Website!Photo Credit: Amanda Robison
The SCHS Choral Department is designed to offer a variety of vocal performing opportunities for our students throughout the year which allows them to enjoy creating music as well as being musically, emotionally, and intellectually challenged. All choirs focus on students’ music reading skills and singing technique primarily through group singing. Team building and developing relationships within each choir and the department throughout is an important aspect to our artistic medium. In addition to developing their musical strengths, students foster self-discipline, cooperation, and commitment as they are Building BONDS, Developing INTEGRITY, and Demonstrating EXCELLENCE through MUSIC!
UIL 2019 (Click to hear some of the favs)
The Summer Creek High School Chorale has been invited to participate in the annual University of Houston Moores School of Music Invitational Concert on Monday, November 4 at 7 PM. Summer Creek is one of only 4 choirs that have been invited. This event is very selective featuring only the best choirs in the Houston area. It is a huge honor to be invited by Dr. Betsy Weber, an internationally renowned director, who is the Professor and Director of Choral Studies at U of H. She is also the Director of the Houston Symphony Chorus.
The Summer Creek, Woodlands, Cy-Fair, and Clear Creek high school varsity mixed choirs will each sing a short program of 3 songs, and Dr. Weber will close the concert with the wonderful U of H Concert Chorale.
Chorale students, parents, and fans - stay tuned for more information about this event. Please put it on your calendar. We would love to have a great turn out on behalf of Summer Creek!
Booster Club Sponsorships
Consider donating to the SCHS Choir Booster Club so that 100% of your money goes straight to benefit students and their learning experience.
Benefits of sponsorship for all levels:
- Sponsor name listed on a banner* on display at all choir concerts & on pre-concert slide shows
- Sponsor name listed on all choir concert programs
- Pride of supporting vocal music at SCHS!
GRAND UNDERWRITER $1000 - includes 8 tickets to Cabaret & Encore with reserved seating
COMPOSER $500 - includes 6 tickets to Cabaret & Encore with reserved seating
MAESTRO $200 - includes 4 tickets to Cabaret & Encore with reserved seating
CONCERT MASTER $100 - includes 2 tickets to Cabaret & Encore with reserved seating
PATRON $50 - includes 2 tickets to Encore with reserved seating
*Donations must be made prior to 9/20 to be included on the banner.Matching Donations
If you work for a company that matches donations, please consider donating to the Choir Activity Fund (under the HISD non-profit status, instead fo the Booster Club). Please let the director know if you need any information to submit to your employer.
How to DONATERemember, when you donate, we keep 100% of the donation to use for students and enhancing their education and experience.1) Donate -
2) Please fill out this Sponsorship form to provide your information for sponsorship benefits.
- Make checks payable to SCHS Choir and mail to 14000 Weckford Blvd, Houston, TX 77044 or
- Donate online
Instructions for donating online
- Go to www.charmsoffice.com.
- Click on "Log In" in the top right hand corner and then "Parents/Students/Helpers."
- The school code is "SummerCreekHSChoir."
- Once you're in, click on "Guest Shopping," then "I am not a student/parent" (if applicable). If you are a parent, you can go into your student's account and go to the Charms Store.
- You will need to set up a login as instructed to "purchase" a donation online. There is a small fee for using PayPal.
If you volunteer anywhere in the district, HISD is now requiring that all parents fill out the form on this page. It only needs to be filled out once a year, and it is designed to help keep students safe. Once you receive an email that your volunteer application is approved, please forward the email to Mrs. Robison. Thank you for your cooperation.
Current Information for Students
For students who are competing in All-State Auditions