State and Federal Programs
4810 Magnolia Cove Drive, Kingwood, Texas 77345 • (281) 641-8385 • Fax (281) 641-1075
Dr. Jamie Bryson, Director of State and Federal Programs
... a part of the Data Quality, Accountability, Evaluation and Research Division
Pregnancy Related Services
Pregnancy Related Services Specialist
281-641-7419MissionThe mission of Pregnancy Related Services (PRS) in the Humble Independent School District is to provide support services to pregnant students and teen parents to improve school attendance, increase graduation rates, and enhance parenting skills. Through our services, we also strive to help students adjust academically, mentally, and physically to parenthood.Eligibility and Information
Support Services Offered
- Any pregnant and/or parenting student that is enrolled in Humble I.S.D. is eligible for PRS services. This also applies to students who suffers miscarriage or who place their baby up for adoption.
- We support a comprehensive approach to supporting students by offering a coordination of services, equipping students with prenatal and parenting education information, and monitoring grades and attendance regularly to ensure academic success.
- This is best accomplished by working closely with counselors, nurses, teachers, and families to promote a smooth transition during prenatal and postpartum periods.
- Personalized Education Plan based on individual academic, medical, and social needs.
- Compensatory Education Home Instruction (CEHI) during six weeks after baby’s birth.
- Instruction related to knowledge and skills in child development, parenting, and home and family living.
- Assistance to students in obtaining available services from government agencies or community service organizations, including prenatal and postnatal health and nutrition programs.