Volunteer OpportunitiesHumble ISD welcomes volunteers as a vital component of the instructional program. Volunteer opportunities are limited only by the imagination. The hours worked by every volunteer at the campuses are accumulated and reported to the Office of Community Development by the 5th of the following month. Volunteer hours are counted as the actual time spent on an activity including travel time to and from the activity.To report volunteer hours worked from home or after regular school hours, go the Monthly Volunteer Hour Report. This form can be submitted via email or fax to (281) 641-1060.Here are a few ways that volunteers may assist our schools:
- Telephone parents concerning school activities.
- Prepare class displays and make bulletin board materials.
- Make costumes for plays; build sets.
- Bake or purchase items sent to school for special occasions.
- Cut out decorative or instructional materials.
- Baby-sit children so their parents may volunteer.
- Tutor reading skills to assist students with reading fluency and comprehension
- Mentor the same child once a week throughout the year, developing a friendship with encourages student success
- Be a guest speaker on your profession or area of interest
- Teach a Junior Achievement class at any grade level, K-12
- Help teachers and student with various software packages as a Computer Lab Assistant
With Teachers and Staff Members:
- Provide assistance for special school beautification, such as landscaping and litter clean-up
- Fund a special project at a school
- Assist with copying, die-cutting, laminating, and other workroom duties
- Provide translation services
- Help with Vision and Hearing Screening
- Judging Science FairsInterested in being a Humble ISD Volunteer? Click here to submit your request today!