If an athlete is injured during a practice or game, they must report to the athletic training room for injury evaluation and/or treatment during morning treatments (if the athlete did not notify the AT during practice/game). The only exception is a new injury that has just occurred.
Morning treatments for high school athletes are every morning from 6:30-7:15 am, except on Late Arrival Thursdays, on which days treatments are from 8:30-9:15 am.
Morning treatments for middle school athletes are every morning from 7:30-8:30 am, except on Late Arrival Thursdays, on which days treatments are at 8:30am.
During the athletic period, athletes are expected to do what they are able to with the team. Student athletes are welcome to come and make their own ice bags during the school day as needed, with teacher permission.
The only athletes allowed to do rehabilitation or treatment during the athletic period are those that have documentation from a doctor stating there is to be no sports participation or a post-op athlete that is not cleared to participate in athletics.
If an athlete has an injury that requires a referral to another health care specialist, the parent/guardian will get a phone call from the staff athletic trainer to communicate this and set up the next level of care.
If an athlete sees a doctor for ANY injury, the athletic trainers MUST get a copy of a note from the doctor stating what, if any, restrictions the athlete has.
ATHLETIC TRAINING ROOM RULES
- All injuries should be reported to staff Athletic Trainers as soon as possible. All doctor's notes should be turned into the Athletic Trainers (not Coaches) to ensure that injuries are properly managed and activity restrictions are carried out.
- If an athlete is injured outside of Kingwood athletics related activity, they must bring a doctor's note prior to receiving any medical treatment from KHS Athletic Trainers.
- Athletes are responsible for returning all equipment issued in good condition (braces, crutches, modalities, etc).
- All athletes receiving treatment are required to sign-in upon entering the athletic training room.
- Cleats/shoes are not allowed in the athletic training room.
- No food or drink of any kind is allowed in the athletic training room.
- No loitering, horseplay, or foul language will be tolerated.
- Only athletes receiving treatment/rehab will be allowed in the athletic training room.
- Appropriate clothing is required in the athletic training room. If you have a lower body injury please wear shorts.