Pass/Fail Application Information
THE DEADLINE TO PASS FAIL FOR SPRING 2020 HAS PASSED.
To encourage more students to participate in upper level courses and to pursue specific interests in a four-year sequence of courses for which there is no honors designation, the district will allow high school students to apply for a Pass/Fail grading option for any course above and beyond the graduation requirements. Courses taken as pass/fail will not count toward graduation requirements, including endorsements. Students may earn up to four credits (eight semesters) as pass/fail. These pass/fail courses will be excluded from the computation of grade point averages and class rank. Pass/fail applications must be submitted each semester.
Students who elect this option for Spring 2020:
- must submit the electronic application with all appropriate signatures by Thursday, April 9th at 3:00 pm
- the electronic application can be found at :
- may not request a change back to a traditional numerical grade on the transcript once the pass/fail option is approved
- will receive numerical grades on progress reports and report cards for eligibility purposes
- will receive a P (Pass) or F (Fail) for the semester grade associated with that course(s) on the transcript
- may NOT pass/fail a dual credit course
Completion of the electronic application does not guarantee pass/fail. Counselor approval is required after electronic application is submitted. Counselors will be letting each student know via email once approved or denied. If denied, the reason will be given.