DUAL CREDIT PROGRAM
ATASCOCITA HIGH SCHOOL
in partnership with
LONE STAR COLLEGE- KINGWOOD
The Dual Credit program is part of the Lone Star College System’s exceptional admissions program. It is especially designed for junior and senior secondary education students. Those who qualify can earn high school and college credit. Both high school and college credit are awarded upon successful completion of the course.
Before taking dual credit courses, please check with the university of choice to confirm if a dual credit course you are planning to take will transfer.
All Dual Credit courses are dependent upon enrollment and teacher availability.
2019-2020 School Year
AHS Dual Credit Courses for 2019-2020 School Year
Registration for Fall/Spring at Lone Star College needs to be completed by the end of the current high school year (May 2019).
The dates below are for students enrolled in the 2019-2020 school year.
Official Dates for Semester Fall 2019
September 9, 2019 -Official Day - Last day to drop a course without a grade
November 11, 2019 - W date - Last day to drop and receive a "W" - Semester Classes
Dates apply to semester courses: English 4 H Dual (ENGL 1301)
Official Dates for Semester Spring 2019January 27, 2020 - Official Day - Last day to drop a course without a gradeApril 1, 2020- "W" date - Last day to drop a course with a "W".Dates apply to semester courses: English 4H Dual (ENGL 1302)Official Dates for Year Long CoursesSeptember 6, 2019- Official Day - Last day to drop a course without a gradeFebruary 5, 2020- W date - Last day to drop and receive a "W" - Year Long ClassesDates apply to year long courses: Biology H Dual ( BIOL 1406) and Anatomy & Phys Dual ( BIOL 2401)
Interested in taking Dual Credit courses?
Mark your calendar!
Deadlines for Summer 2020 and 2020-21 School year
Submit qualifying TSI testing scores to Mrs. Deleon - April 9, 2020
Deadline to submit summer dual credit course request - April 16, 2020
Final deadline to submit forms for the Dual Credit Program 2019-2020- May 1, 2020
How to Begin Dual Credit
Learn about Dual Credit
How to begin the Dual Credit process
LSC Admission Application- Attachment A
Requirements for Dual Credit
To enroll students must meet the following requirements:
- Currently attending high school and is classified as a junior or senior.
- Have approval from parent/guardian and a high school counselor
- Eligible students must have a signed “Exceptional Admission Application” on file with the high school and college.
- The student has taken an approved test assessment: TSI, STAAR, ACT, PSAT/NMSQT or SAT in
areas of reading, writing, essay, and math; or exempt scores based on
***See Lone Star College Website for further test assessment details***
- Additional testing may be required for Math, Science, and higher level courses.
Benefits of Dual Credit
Cost is significantly less.
College Degree completion in less time. Summer and Night Courses are available
Increased self-confidence from college success.
Access to college services including library, free tutoring, campus events, free email account and more.
Ease the transition into college
Development of good college study habits.
Convenience of most dual credit courses taught at the high school during the regular day schedule.
Additional savings in transportation, living, and textbooks costs.
“Sophomore standing” may be granted to junior colleges/4-year institutions; however, confirm your standing with the institution you plan to attend.
What you need to know
- Grades in dual credit classes become a permanent part of your college record.
- Courses are taught at AHS during the regular school day. Students do not need to travel to the college.
- Maintain a college grade of “C” or better to remain in the program.
- Compare the college and high school course calendars. They are not always the same.
Payment must be made to Lone Star College by the due date or courses will be dropped.
- Withdrawal from a dual credit course requires notification of your high school and completion of the necessary paper work. The college calendar has drop dates that are essential for dropping a course without a grade and dropping with a “W”.
- Credit Transfer— Courses may not transfer to all universities. Please verify if courses will transfer to college of choice: www.lonestar.edu/university-transfer-guide.htm
Texas Success Initiative Assessment, better known as the TSI test, is a test which determines the appropriate level of college course work for an incoming student. The TSI test consists of three components: Mathematics, Reading, and Writing.
TSI Testing locations and Requirements
- TSI Testing LSC- Kingwood
- TSI Testing LSC- Atascocita
- Pre- Assessment Activity
- LSC Admission Application
TSI Online Practice Test and Review
LSC- How to Documents
- How to obtain a LSC official transcript
- unofficial transcript list student's LSC ID number, TSI test scores, and course grades
- How To Obtain a LSC Official Transcript
- How to Obtain a Financial Account Summary
- How to Pay LSC Fees
- Dual Credit -Fee Schedule
Texas Course Compatibility College Course Transfer Guide
Lone Star College Student Services
- Lone Star College Catalog- Description of courses
- Map of Lone Star College - Kingwood
Lone Star College Academic Calendar 2019-2020
Lone Star College Important Dates 2019-2020
What does it Cost:
# of Credit LSC In Dual Compare to Localhours District Fees TX Res. 4 Yr. College
3 $ 73.00 $ 1,580.00
4 $ 93.00 $ 1,945.00
- Additional Course Fees may apply.
- Online Courses cost an additional fee of $15 per hour.
- Fees and cost are based from January of 2019
Note: You will not be able to pay for your classes online until you have been registered for the course. Students can go to their mylonestar account to verify if he/she is registered for a fall or spring course. A bill will be sent via Lone Star College student email account.
Tuition and fees must be paid before the beginning of the semester to remain in the dual credit program. Some courses are paid for the whole year, and s me are paid each semester.
AHS—Dual Credit Liaison—Mrs. DeLeon
LSC—Dual Credit Specialist—Anthony "Toni" Seiter
LSC Kingwood Testing Center
LSC Counseling / AdvisingServices
LSC Information Ph: 281-312-1600
Business Office Ph: 281-312-1581
LSC Help with Mylonestar Account