- Homework is a review and practice of prior learning.
- Students should be able to do homework independently of their parents.
- Homework should be ten minutes per grade level.
- We do not take away recess as a punishment for not doing homework.
- Homework is not used for grades (since it is practice).
- Always contact your child's teacher if you have any questions or concerns.
The Purposes of Homework:
- Builds positive work habits.
- It allows for practice of critical academic skills.
- Reinforces strategies and learning from the classroom.
- Builds student confidence.
- Helps students see where they have misunderstandings.
- Helps teachers see where students have misunderstandings.