Middle School Summer Reading
Humble ISD recommends all Pre-AP middle school students who are enrolled in English Language Arts classes to read over the summer. Select campuses require on-level students to participate as well. Please see the website or contact your child’s campus for specific summer reading requirements.
The district believes that summer reading can:
- help students maintain English Language Arts skills over the summer break.
- expose students to quality literature that they might not pick up on their own.
- help students develop a love for reading.
- promote independent reading, inquiry, and scholarship which will facilitate students as life-long learners.
High School Summer Reading
Humble ISD recognizes the importance of developing life-long reading habits in our students.
Primary Objectives of the Humble ISD Summer Reading Program
- Reading for Exposure to Quality Literature
- Reading to Promote Independent Reading, Inquiry, and Scholarship
- Reading to Develop and Maintain Necessary English Language Arts Skills