About the BBE PTA
The PTA (Parent-Teacher Association) is a non-profit, volunteer organization made up of parents, teachers, and community members committed to enhancing the educational experience for all children.
The PTA is part of a local, state, and national organization. By joining the local Bear Branch Elementary PTA, you are automatically a member of the state and national associations. Together as a team, we become advocates for our children’s health, welfare, education, and safety.
Your PTA membership allows you the privilege to vote on critical PTA business such as adopting the year’s budget and bylaws and electing nominating committee members and future officers. It also gives our local PTA a vote on state and national issues.
How do I join?
Go to the PTA website, register your family, and click on Join the PTA.
What does the BBE PTA do?
- We support teachers and staff to enhance classroom learning
- We coordinate volunteers in the volunteer room, library, and in classrooms
- We fund bus service to and from field trips and purchase items for the school and for the staff (SmartBoards, digital cameras, timers, library books)
We support a variety of programs such as:
- Educational Programs - Visiting Authors, Science Fair, Manners Luncheon, Patriots Day, BOOK IT! reading program, Everybody Counts, Reflections, Art Masterpiece, Red Ribbon Week, Bike Rodeo
- Community Building Events – Fall Fest, Student Directory, Family Fun 5K Run/Walk
- Other Programs – After-school programs, Memory Book, New BBE Family Welcome Breakfast, The Buzz Newsletter
How do we fund these programs?
- Fall Fest (Our main fundraiser)
- Santa's Workshop
- PTA Membership Dues
- Easy Money Programs (Collect Box Tops, Labels for Education, etc.)
- Contributions from individuals and corporate matching funds
- Grant Writing
What can I do to help?
Studies have shown that parent involvement is key to student success in education. We encourage all families to get involved in some manner.
- Join the BBE PTA (We encourage both fathers and mothers to join)
- Volunteer to Chair a Committee
- Volunteer to be on a Committee
- Volunteer in Classrooms
- Volunteer to go on Field Trips
- Read to and with your children
- Get Involved!