Virtual Counseling Request
To request virtual School Counseling Services, please complete this form, and Mr. Ortiz will be in contact.
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention COVID-19 information
Exploring the New Coronavirus: A Comic Just for Kids
Coping with Stress during an Infectious Disease Outbreak
NCTSN Helping Families Cope with COVID-19
Talking to Kids about the Coronavirus
So You've Got Questions about Coronavirus
Help Your Family De-Stress during Coronavirus Uncertainty
Advice for Caregivers of children with disabilities in the era of COVID-19
Bringing Accommodations into the Livingroom
Emergencies and Natural Disasters: Helping Children and Families Cope
Recursos alimentarios de Verano
- Apply for benefits at yourtexasbenefits.com or dial 2-1-1
Free WiFi Information
- Comcast: https://www.wxyz.com/news/national/coronavirus/comcast-offering-internet-essentials-package-free-for-60-months-during-coronavirus-outbreak
- Comcast Hotspots: Go to https://wifi.xfinity.com/to find WiFi Public Hotspots. Once at a hotspot, select “xfinitywifi” network name from the wifi menu, then launch the preferred browser.
- Spectrum: 1-844-488-8398, call sales department and ask for Student Remote Education offer
Free Meal Pickup provided by Humble ISD
- Carry-out meals, including breakfast and lunch, are available for children ages 1-18 years old.
Click here for the most up-to-date information about pickup times and locations.
Houston Food Bank
- HFB Helplineat 832-369-9390
- Apply for SNAP(Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program) with help from our Community Assistance Program.
- Call the helpline at 832-369-9390
- Text FOODto 855-308-2282 to find the nearest food pantry in the area.
Family Time Crisis and Counseling Services
- Providing virtual counseling services
- (281) 446-2615
- Provide FREE computers to students/families who do not have a device at home
- Limited to 50 reservations per day
United Way COVID-19 Community Economic Relief Fund
- Provides help will with bills, rent, and food
- Call 1-866-211-9966. You will be prompted to provide your zip code and you'll be given a list of local agencies that provide assistance.
Comprehensive Energy Assistance Program (CEAP)
- Assistance for low-income seniors (60+) – website – https://www.tdhca.state.tx.us/community-affairs/ceap/
Harris County Emergency Service Assistance
- Provides short-term financial assistance for rent and utilities for individuals who have had a sudden reduction in income
- Call 713-696-7900
- Lone Star Legal Aid 713-652-0077
- Houston Volunteer Lawyers 713-228-0735
Mental Health Wellbeing
- If you are experiencing signs of stress, including fear and worry, appetite changes, or sleep disruption
Text CV19 to 888777 or call 1-800-985-5990
Mental Health Support Line
- Call 833-251-7544. This support line is open 24/7.
YMCA Essential Personnel Child Care
- Children ages 12 months-12 years
- Register at https://www.ymcahouston.org/essential-personnel-child-care
- Mindful Breathing Meditation Video
- 3-Minute Mindful Breathing Meditation (Relieve Stress) Video
- Progressive Muscle Relaxation for Kids Video