WHE Official Attendance Time is 9:05 am
Attendance is a crucial factor in student achievement. Student's not present at attendance time will be counted as an unexcused absence for the day. Please remember to report your child's absence anytime they are going to be absent.
Absences can be reported each time your child is absent by:
- Online Absence Excuse Form
- Absence Line available (24 hours) 281-641-1519
- Excuse note returned with student following absence and given to the front office
- E-mail to our Attendance Specialist at: email@example.com
Please leave the following information on our Absence Line, e-mail, or note.
- Date of Absence
- Student's Name
- Reason for absence (if sick leave symptoms)
- Parent Signature (school note)
An excuse note must be submitted within 48 hours of the student's return to school. When possible, please try to schedule all appointments after school.
The tardy bell rings at 8:00 am and students are expected to be in class at that time to receive instructions for the day. Students not in class when the bell rings are considered tardy. If a student arrives after 8:00 they are to report to the front office for a tardy slip. Promptness is stressed and expected. Students who enter class after the tardy bell are a disruption to that class.