As you most likely already have seen in the email sent out to all AP Exam examinees directly by The College Board on April 3, 2020, the AP exams WILL be administered in May 2020, but in a completely new and revolutionary AT HOME and ONLINE format.
We encourage you and your family to sit down and carefully review the information available on The College Board website at https://
(And we recommend you bookmark the link above so you can easily monitor it in the next month for more updates and information as The College Board works to modify the delivery of your AP exam(s).)
A few key items we want to make sure that you review ASAP:
- Your MyAP Account email address - College Board will be communicating with students with active exams DIRECTLY through this email address. If you have not received emails from The College Board in the last two weeks, this may indicate that there is an error in the email you have on your MyAP account.
- Log into http://myap.collegeboard.org ASAP and navigate to "MyAP Profile" to review that the email address on file is one you ACTIVELY check and use.
- College Board will be sending the high security log in credentials that you will need to log into the Exam Platform to the student email address on the MyAP account. Without that log in access that will be sent by The College Board directly, you will NOT be able to take the AP exam.
- The New and updated AP Exam Schedule of Exams (Linked HERE)
- The Exam Content and Format- What will be focused on for this exam has been drastically adjusted. Review the details regarding each exam's new modified focus as well as new format (available HERE). Connect with your teachers asap!
- Know that you will be able to take your exams on ANY internet connected device - a phone, a tablet, an iPad, a laptop, a desktop computer. More details will be released by College Board towards the end of April AND you will have an opportunity to try out the exam format and upload of material steps before exam day. Monitor https://apcoronavirusupdates.
collegeboard.org/students and youtube.com/advancedplacement for tutorial videos and more
- Access to technology - Complete the College Board assistance form by April 24, 2020 if you need a device or if you need internet access to be able to take your exam(s). Form is linked HERE.
- Exams with Accommodations - if you have already been approved by College Board for accommodations on your AP exam(s), those accommodations will automatically be applied by the exam content platform (or site). The accommodations are linked via your SSD Number to your AP ID Number and will be automatic.
- Exam Security - this is being taken VERY seriously! The College Board will be applying all the technology resources at their fingertips to maintain the integrity and security of the exams, INCLUDING sending a copy of the work your submit to your AP teacher by May 26, 2020. Review carefully the security details.
And last but not least, if you do feel that you would like to rather cancel your AP exam due to the extended school closures and how COVID-19 has affected you, KHS has an exam cancellation policy:If you are firm in your decision to cancel your AP exam:Submit a refund request to email@example.com (include name, campus, and exam(s) to be canceled) by April 30, 2020.
- Preparation for the exams - a ton of resources available through MyAP, your teachers, and the College Board directly. Monitor youtube.com/advancedplacement and https://
apcoronavirusupdates. collegeboard.org/students for resources and updates.
Make sure to monitor https://
apcoronavirusupdates. collegeboard.org/students for new updates and information. The College Board will be supporting and administering your exams this year directly, and therefore will be your go to resource.