Registrar/ Attendance Specialist
Kindergarten - 5th Grade Registration1.) Complete the ON-LINE registration.
2.) Stop by the school with these items: parents/guardians must furnish the following information at the time of enrollment:
- Certified Birth Certificate: students must be 5 years of age or older on September 1st of the current school year.
- Proof of address: a current utility bill, house contract, or lease agreement
- Driver's license: of the custodial parent
- Immunization Records:
- DTP/DTa/DT: five (5) doses, with the last dose given on or after fourth birthday, or four (4) doses with the last dose given on or after the fourth birthday
- POLIO (OPV/IPV):four (4) doses, with the last dose given on or after the fourth birthday, or three (3) doses with the last dose given on or after the fourth birthday
- MEASLES, MUMPS, RUBELLA (MMR): two (2) MMR's, both having been administered on or after the first birthday
- HEPATITIS B VACCINE: three (3) doses.
- VARICELLA: 2 doses, First dose must be after the first birthday
- HEPATITIS A: 2 doses – First dose must be after the first birthday and second dose no sooner than 6 months after the first
- 1st-5th graders (and kindergarten students transferring from other schools): withdrawal papers from previous school and report card.
- Kindergarten Parents also need to set up a time for Kindergarten Screening.
2019-2020 Kindergarten Pre-Registration
For all upcoming kindergartners, please follow next steps flyer for detailed information on the enrollment process in Humble ISD.Absences
If your child is absent you are asked to call and report the absence to the school. When possible, please schedule medical and dental appointments after school. This will minimize lost time for your child as well as classroom disruption. Please write a note for your child's absence upon his/her return to school.
The registrar must have 24 hours notice when a child is to be withdrawn from Woodland Hills Elementary. The custodial parent will need to come to the office to sign the withdrawal papers. A copy of the withdrawal papers and the immunization records will be sent with the parent as they will be needed to enroll in the next school.
Please review and discuss the following information with your children. These are areas of safety you can help us with and be in support of so that we can maintain the level of safety at Woodland Hills that your children deserve.
- Follow posted speed limits, both in the school zone and neighboring streets.
- Do not park on the street and ask your child to walk to your car for dismissal. This is dangerous and causes more congestion on the street.
- For the safety of your child, please do not ask him/her to meet you at a dismissal location other than the two designated areas. Car riders must remain under the supervision of school personnel until picked up by a parent or approved persons on emergency cards.
- Please be sure all doors are closed and safety patrol or adults have stepped away from the curb before leaving the area.
- Students should never exit a vehicle in the parking lot and walk unattended into the school.
Thank you for helping us to make Woodland Hills Elementary as safe an environment as possible for your children.
Rainy Day Dismissal
A determination will be made by the campus administrators at 3:00 p.m. to determine if we will have a Rainy Day Dismissal. This dismissal will only be utilized when there is visible lightening and/or thunder. Rain only does not constitute a need for Rainy Day Dismissal. During this dismissal, all children except day care van riders will be considered car riders. No students will be allowed to walk or ride their bicycle home during a Rainy Day Dismissal. Please make sure that your child is aware of your plans should a Rainy Day Dismissal be called.
To keep classroom disruptions to a minimum, we ask that you put all forgotten items that you bring to school for your child on the table in the front hallway. All items are delivered to the students at 9:30. If you are bringing money for lunch, please check in at the front office and then take it directly to the cafeteria. If you are bringing money for any other purpose, please take that money to the office to be delivered to your child.
All students are expected to attend school regularly and to be on time to classes in order to derive maximum benefit from the instructional program and to develop habits of punctuality, self-discipline and responsibility. Students who enter a class after the tardy bell are a disruption to that class.
- The tardy bell rings at 8:00 a.m., and students are expected to be in class at that time to receive instructions for the day. Promptness is stressed and is expected.
- If a student arrives between 8:01 and 8:30, the student is to report to the office for a tardy slip. Otherwise, if a student arrives after 8:30, parents must sign in the student at the front office and the student will be given a tardy slip.
Students Checking Out Early
To reduce the number of disruptions during the important final part of the school day when teachers are winding up a lesson and giving instructions for homework, we ask that you not check you child out after 2:45 p.m. Thank you for your cooperation.