2020-2021 Calendar Input Survey
Humble ISD invites parents and employees to participate in the district's Calendar Input Survey for next school year. As you may know, this year’s calendar added weeklong breaks in October and February. District leaders want to know your thoughts as we look ahead to next year. The survey asks you to indicate your preferences regarding:
- First Day of School
- Existence and Length of Potential October Break
- Existence and Length of Potential February Break
The last day of school will be determined by the choices made above.
When completing the survey, a calendar based upon your preferences will display on the screen for you to submit as your favorite. Or, you can choose to go back and continue editing preferences. By using this type of survey tool, the district gains insight into which specific components of calendar options are most valued by parents and employees.
All calendar options include the following set criteria:
- Meets state requirement of at least 75,600 minutes in the school year
- Meets state requirement of 187 contractual days for teachers
- Student Holiday/Staff Workday on Election Day (Nov. 3, 2020)
- Holidays on Labor Day (Sept. 7, 2020); Martin Luther King Jr. Day (January 18, 2021); Good Friday (April 2, 2021); and Memorial Day (May 31, 2021)
- Full Week Thanksgiving Break (Nov. 23-27, 2020)
- Two Week Winter Break (Dec. 21, 2020 - Jan 1, 2021)
- One Week Spring Break (March 15-19, 2021)
Middle and high school late arrival/early release days, elementary student holiday/staff workdays, and teacher comp days are not marked on the options. These would be determined upon the calendar’s adoption.
The calendar input survey will be open through Sunday, December 8, 2019. Results will be considered and a recommended calendar for the 2020-2021 school year is expected to be presented to the Board of Trustees for approval on February 11, 2020.
Current parents and employees were sent an email with a unique survey link. If you are a current parent and/or employee and did not receive an email, please complete this form to receive your unique link. Note: Please allow up to 48 hours to receive your unique link.
Community members who would like to provide comments can complete the Community Input Form.