Testing Policy for Homeschool Students
According to Texas Education Code 29.916, a home-schooled student may attend a Humble ISD campus for the purpose of taking an AP, ACT, PSAT, or SAT assessment. In order to be assessed, home-schooled students must abide by the following district guidelines:
- MUST reside within the boundaries of Humble ISD (proof of residency required)
- MUST have a photo ID (driver’s license, passport, or other issued government ID); if you don’t have any of those, you can use the Student ID Form and a photo.
- MUST show proof of residency, meet registration deadlines, and if applicable, pay exam fees.
- Humble ISD high school campuses must have enough materials to cover the needs of students enrolled on campus first; home-schooled students will be permitted to test, space and materials permitting, on a first-come, first-serve basis.
- The home-schooled student will check-in with the campus receptionist and must be under the direct supervision of a staff member at all times while on campus.
Humble ISD administers the PSAT every October. AP exams occur during the first two weeks in May. ACT and SAT occur at various times throughout the year. Home-school students interested in testing should contact an Humble ISD high school mid-August to confirm test dates and registration deadlines so that space/testing materials can be reserved for the student.
To learn more about AP exams and ordering deadlines, visit the College board website.