Los Artistas HispanosMrs. Arreola
Explain your assignment.
Analyze possible sources to use.
- Click here for your assignment sheet.
- Formulate a major research question to address your topic.
- Formulate a plan for your research.
Use Destiny Discover to find a book or digital resource.
The following databases can be used to search for information and included. book articles, newspapers, images, essays, etc. If you are accessing these outside a school computer you will need the usernames and passwords. Please stop by the circulation desk for a list of these.Websites
- Search Apps
Go get your information.
Library Source Forms can be useful because they show you what types of information you need for various sources, the correct MLA format, as well as an example.
- Notetaking organizers developed by you or your teacher can be very helpful.
- Outlines can be created quickly and easily in a word processing program. Include your notes under the appropriate subtopics.
Learn to paraphrase, summarize, quote and accurately cite all researched information.
Lessons in the classroom will help you understand the difference between paraphrasing, summarizing and quoting information.
- Be sure you understand plagiarism so that it can be avoided!
Record all bibliographic information as you take notes.
Be ready to cite your information accurately according to MLA format
Establish your notes and create a first draft and any other documentation your project requires.
- Check to make sure your information is relevant as well as reliable.
- Have you used books and online information from library databases?
Keep the purpose of your research and your audience in mind as you present your information.
Size it up!
- Did I evaluate the quality of my information?Did I met the requirements?
- Is it reliable and documented correctly?
- Have I considered my audience?
- Are my ideas presented in a logical progression?
Is my point of view clearly stated?
Did I use MLA format, parenthetical documentation, and include a Works Cited page?
Go for the A!