- Official Attendance Time at Bear Branch Elementary is 10:00 am.
- Refer to the Report an Absence section of the Registrar Overview Page to complete the Online Absence Excuse Form OR Call the Attendance Line: (281) 641-1619 OR email Laura.Roberts@humbleisd.net
- Include your child's name, grade, teacher name, date of absence, and reason for absence in the voice message or in the email
- Notification of reason for absence by 10:00 am will prevent the automated email from the district notifying parents of an unexcused absence
- In order for the absence to be marked Excused, notification of reason for absence must be submitted within 48 hours from the date the student returns to school
- Upon an accumulation of 3 or more Unexcused absences, the district Truancy Department will contact the parent regarding absences
Students Checking Out Early:
- If your student has an afternoon appointment, and you must check out your student early from school, we ask that you do so before 2:45 pm. The last part of the day is a very busy time of day for your child and school officials. Announcements are made, and students are finalizing daily work, packing up, and preparing for the next day. We appreciate your cooperation in adhering to this rule, to help you check out your child in a timely manner, as school personnel may not be immediately available to check out students after 2:45 pm.
Important Ways You Can Help!
- Try to schedule doctor appointments after school or during release times.
- If your son/daughter does have a routine doctor appointment during the school day, plan for them to attend school before or after the appointment. When your son/daughter attends school for any part of the day of the appointment and retuens with a note from the doctor, the state will consider him/her present for attendance purposes that day.
- If your son/daughter is required to attend court, plese make sure he/she turns in documentation from the court stating that he/she was required to be there. The state will consider him/her present for attendance purposes that day.
- Make sure we have your correct email address on our records. Our automated absence system will email parents at 2:00 pm daily with an unexcused absence alert.
- You can keep track of your son's/daughter's attendance and grades in HAC, Home Access Center.
Information concerning Attendance Regulations and Policies may be found in the Parent/Student Handbook.