Welcome to 3rd Grade
I'm Nancy Grizzle and am excited to be one of your child's third grade teachers. I'm so excited to return as a Foster Bulldog! This year I will be teaching Reading and Writing. You student will be switching classes for Math and Science. This is a new step for third graders. I believe that we are a community of learners and thinkers. The community atmosphere that is created in our classroom benefits the students in their whole life. This year we are going to be leaders and create goals for ourselves and our class. This is going to be an exciting adventure! I know how impressed you are going to be as you see your children transform this school year.
Please feel free to contact me with any questions or concerns. Email is the best way to communicate. I will not be checking my phone messages until after school. Also please sign up for our Class Dojo. This will keep you connected with our class and all of the exciting things going on in school.
Important 3rd grade info
- Tuesday folders: These will contain communication from the classroom and school. They will include graded papers, Class Dojo behavior reports. Please sign and return folder the next day.
- Class Dojo is available online. It is a great communication of things that are going on in class daily. Please join our class.
- We will also be using Google Classroom this year. Your student will have assignments that will be turned in digitally.
- Breakfast and Lunch menus are online
- Please bring a healthy snack and water bottle to school everyday. Please make sure it is not messy and something your child can open themselves.
- If you have a change in transportation you must change it before 2:45 or send a note with the student.
- If you student is absent they need to have a note when they return to school
- Your child needs to read a total of 120 minutes a week; which is about 20 minutes a day. Ask your child about their reading or have them write about what they are reading. This is one of the best ways to help your student.